Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can this be done with XSLT?

Hi Everyone,

I've been stuck on a XSLT problem trying to convert an XML doc to another XML and now I'm wondering if it's even possible to be done with XSTL. Here is a very simple breakdown of what I'm trying to do:

Convert this XML:

[code]

A

B

B

[/code]

To:

[Code]

A

A

A

[/Code]

The key here is I want to group all Nodes under that have the same name, in the example above and process them together so that they belong to the same after the conversion and they are separate by the new tags.

So far everything I tried has failed, the closest I get is that I get two sets tags which is incorrect for my needs.

Can this even be done with XSLT or do I have to use Java or something else?

Much appreciated if you could solve this!!

Thanks

Comments