Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

XML Filtering - Help for a newbie please

Hi,
I am using XML for the first time to display item on a sales and wants page and need some help in displaying only those items of a particular category.
My idea is to have one that displays all items but then have a navigation bar that will allow visitors to see items by category.

My XML file would look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="sales.xsl"?>

Car
Car make
car description
contact number
email address

Furniture
Furniture Title
Furniture Description
contact number
email address

Toys
Toy Title
Toys
contact number
email address

I have currently created a separate XML and XSL sheet for each category, which works, but I want to know if there is a better, more dynamic, way of doing what I want without having to alter several XML and XSL sheets.

Many thanks in advance.