Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How can I divide matrixes? Is it even possible?

How can I divide matrixes? Is it even possible?

I mean, like:

[x y n] / [[a b c]

[d e f]

[g h i]]

is this possible to count?

is it like multiplying matrixes?

if this sounds stupid, please note that I'm only 16 years old, and a beginning programmer...

Comments

• sorry, the matrixes are a bit messed up in my earlier message...

here they are:

[x y n] / [[a b c][d e f][g h i]]

(3x1) and (3x3)

• : sorry, the matrixes are a bit messed up in my earlier message...

: here they are:

:

: [x y n] / [[a b c][d e f][g h i]]

: (3x1) and (3x3)

:

:

I'm 16 and I learned this years ago.

First the basic concept you should have learn even more years ago than I was talking about in my last sentence.

To divide you multiply by the reciprocal, or the inverse.

The same applies to matrices. You simply find the inverse matrix and multiply. This isn't a programming question, it's an algebra one.

http://www.iln.net/html_p/c/53785/53786/53801/53874/55269_55318.asp

this site has an example of finding an inverse matrix of a 3x3 matrix.

While it has it under Pre-Calculus, I learned it in Algebra 2.

I didn't learn their way of finding the inverse, but whatever, it's just quicker to point you in that direction. You should be able to form an algorithm from that.

There's definitely a more straightforward computational way to find it, and the way I was taught is nicer on algorithms, but like I said, whatever.

• I was just wondering... my father is a dimplom engineer (I don't know if the translation is correct) systems developer and he doesn't know nothing about matrixes. In finland where i live, they don't teach us matrixes until we get to the university...

• : : sorry, the matrixes are a bit messed up in my earlier message...

: : here they are:

: :

: : [x y n] / [[a b c][d e f][g h i]]

: : (3x1) and (3x3)

:

: I'm 16 and I learned this years ago.

:

: First the basic concept you should have learn even more years ago than I was talking about in my last sentence.

:

: To divide you multiply by the reciprocal, or the inverse.

:

: The same applies to matrices. You simply find the inverse matrix and multiply. This isn't a programming question, it's an algebra one.

:

: http://www.iln.net/html_p/c/53785/53786/53801/53874/55269_55318.asp

:

: this site has an example of finding an inverse matrix of a 3x3 matrix.

:

: While it has it under Pre-Calculus, I learned it in Algebra 2.

:

: I didn't learn their way of finding the inverse, but whatever, it's just quicker to point you in that direction. You should be able to form an algorithm from that.

:

: There's definitely a more straightforward computational way to find it, and the way I was taught is nicer on algorithms, but like I said, whatever.

:

• : :

: : I'm 16 and I learned this years ago.

: : First the basic concept you should have learn even more years ago than I was talking about in my last sentence.

Well bully for you! Some of us didn't do this at school and others may have forgotten it!

Your reply works on the asumption that you're clever minded, but you're a dork! Get a life!

• :

: : :

: : : I'm 16 and I learned this years ago.

: : : First the basic concept you should have learn even more years ago than I was talking about in my last sentence.

:

: Well bully for you! Some of us didn't do this at school and others may have forgotten it!

: Your reply works on the asumption that you're clever minded, but you're a dork! Get a life!

:

1. I did forget how to make inverse matrices, but I'm not stupid enough not to know how to use a search engine.

2. Are you saying you are a moron?

3. My reply works on the assumption that you aren't a moron. I just thought that that was a pre-requisite for programming (with the exception of VB).

4. Your the one interested in dividing matrices, not me.

5. If you are a moron, then what the hell are you doing programming?

6. If you didn't do it in school, see reply 1 and this. It's not my problem, it's yours.

7. Finally, programming REQUIRES clever thinking and math helps a lot.

And just to ease my curiousity, do you program in VB? 'Cause that would explain a lot.

• : 1. I did forget how to make inverse matrices, but I'm not stupid enough not to know how to use a search engine.

:

: 2. Are you saying you are a moron?

etc

If you read the replies to your question carefully I think you'll see that E.Mantz was actually defending you!!