Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Basic mail sending

Basically, I have a box called subject, a box called msg, and a button called

ask. All I need is some code that will make the button send me an email using

the information the user entered. I am making a basic tech support page, and I

want people to be able to send me questions, but I don't want them to know the

email address to which it is going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• : Basically, I have a box called subject, a box called msg, and a button called

: ask. All I need is some code that will make the button send me an email using

: the information the user entered. I am making a basic tech support page, and I

: want people to be able to send me questions, but I don't want them to know the

: email address to which it is going.

:

: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:

:

It depends what your looking for, if you want to hide your e-mail adress, you could use PHP3 (on most Unix/Linux servers) or ASP (on most Windows NT servers) or Perl-scripts (available on both, but mailsending isn't always supported), it might even be possible that your webhost has standard scripts available, check the documentation for that

• Anyway, what I wanted to say, find out what your server has and I can probably give you an example

• : Anyway, what I wanted to say, find out what your server has and I can probably give you an example

:

I think you may have misinterpreted what I meant. I meant that I have seen it done using JavaScript or Java. I need the site to work reguardless of the platform. I have set up mail aliasing on my BSDI UNIX 3.1 server downstairs, but I would rather not have the user have to see any email address. So just assume that there are three objects on the page. Two textboxes for the subject of the mail and the question, and a button to send the mail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.