Is there a rule that say's you have to have code in a... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is there a rule that say's you have to have code in a...

luffy28luffy28 Posts: 5Member
certain way. I remember that once I was doing code out of a book and every time I would have the code a certain way it would compile it correctly but when I didn't have it a certain way there would be 1 error.

Ps I'm using visual c++ 2008 express edition.

Comments

• XLoomXLoom Posts: 129Member
    Yes, programming languages (C/C++, PHP etc) have strictly specified syntax. There are a few esoteric exceptions but these are mostly not used for other reasons than fun. Compilers normally tell what kind of error has occured and what it would have expected from the code even if the wording of error messages may be cryptic at times.
  • luffy28luffy28 Posts: 5Member
    Is there a place online or a book that will explain to me the syntax rules ? Or do I really have to take a class to learn C++ ?
  • XLoomXLoom Posts: 129Member
    You can safely use internet search engine (such as Google) to find places where C++ syntax can be learned. Keywords such as C++ tutorial give good results, you may want to try to search yourself. I copied the first result to here as well: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

Also I strongly recommend using search engines and trying to find answer yourself before asking from a forum as you get much faster response. Especially for questions that are asked often.