Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Am I eligible to learn Assembly Language.

Sir I have sound knowledge in C++ and Java, also C is not a problem for me. However I know nothing about Assembly Language.

Will you give me short description about scope, use, relevance of Assembly language.

My friend told me that this language depends on the architecture of the system. So it is very difficult to learn.

Is this true?

Will you provide me some useful links?

Thank you
Vibin Varghese.

Comments

• VinayKhareVinayKhare Posts: 69Member
    Sir I have sound knowledge in C++ and Java, also C is not a problem for me. However I know nothing about Assembly Language.

Will you give me short description about scope, use, relevance of Assembly language.

->This[link=http://www.scribd.com/doc/267365/A-Beginners-Course-In-Assembly-Language]BOOK[/link] may help you in understanding the basics of assembly.

->You are having sound knowledge in C++ and Java, also C is not a problem for you. Then Assembly is not a problem for you too. This show that you are having a good programming experience. By learning assembly your programming skills will defenitely enhance.

you learn C, then you learn Java. you found no difficulty. Reason: way of programming does not change. Assembly language feels tough because of its different style of programming. So do not worry, if you wiil try you will succeed.

My friend told me that this language depends on the architecture of the system. So it is very difficult to learn.

Is this true?
    ->yes thats true, but every book of Assembly language include a Portion of Computer Architecture. first you have to clear your basics for Hardware. asm is hardware dependent, for intel, motorola, mac....as the hardware changes way of programming changes.

but acc to me, don't worry and just go through the book, in the same way as you had learn C or JAVA.

'ART of Assembly' by R. Hyde is considered to be the best book for learning asm programming.
    Will you provide me some useful links?

sure....
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~smit/asm01001.htm
    this link may help you for basic hardware probs. but it supports a old arch...but is good for beginners.

and you can find a video tutorial by Niel dickson on showmedo.com

Happy Programming