Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Search Box within main Excel database

KjarkasKjarkas Posts: 1Member
Hi,
I am trying to simplify looking up information within an Excel database, filtering by only two factors.

What I want to do is create a search box that has two fields and a command button. The two fields are not standard, e.g. "First Name", "Date", but they are restriced to their respective columns in the database. Basically this is what I want:

Enter in Field 1: (Input searched in one column)

Enter in Field 2: (Input searched in another column)

Search (Command Button)

I already designed the box, I just need to assign code to each function. I think I can already make an error message in case either of the fields have incorrect input. I could use some help here, I'll need to know by Monday. Thanks, guys.

Sorry if I'm being vague, I just don't want to give too much information away, this is for a certain company.

Comments