Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Windows mouse cursor disappearing with CEdit

Hi there,

I'm doing a little Windows programming at the minute (Visual Studio 2005, C++) and I have a strange problem. I've create a window and have two CEdits in it for capturing input. Strangely, though, when I enter anything into these boxes, my mouse cursor will disappear if it is in that window. I can move it around and leave that window, and it will return to normal if the cursor moves into the main program window. Incidentally, the cursor also disappears in that window, but moving it at all will bring it back.

I've read some stuff and tried the function which is... hmm... I think it's something like 'OnCursorChange' (it's a message handler, derived from CWnd). I tried to use the 'SetCursor' function to try and prevent something, but I'm not having any luck. I also tried overloading the 'OnKeyDown' function for the CEdit (I derived my own class so I could get the key down and cursor change functions), but had no luck.

If anyone has any further clues, they would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I have been informed that this is a standard behaviour for Windows which can be disabled through control panel, however I would like to be able to do this in code. I'd rather not have to give out such instructions to an end user.

Comments