Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Dos exe with no command line arguments

Monty1Monty1 Posts: 1Member
Hi,
I'm running a dos exe file which requires 3 inputs, but does not have any command line switches to allow me run the command from single line.

This is what happens currently:
c:>[color=Blue]decode.exe[/color]
....running.....enter version 1, 2 or 3: [color=Blue]3[/color]
....running.....enter input file path: [color=Blue]c: est1[/color]
....running.....enter output file path: [color=Blue]c: est1R[/color]
COMPLETE! Press enter to continue..
c:>
(where I need to enter "[color=Blue]decode.exe[/color]", "[color=Blue]3[/color]", "[color=Blue]c: est1[/color]" and "[color=Blue]c: est1R[/color]" as seperate inputs)

Ideally, I would like to use something like:
c:>[color=Blue]decode.exe 3 c: est1 c: est1R[/color]
But this will ignore the additional fields and wait for the version.

I have tried pasting from notepad into the command window. This works, but the buffer will only allow about 5 lines and I need to run about 500!

I have also tried using batch file to run one line after another, but the session hangs waiting for the response to the version question.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• iyercbiyercb Posts: 5Member
    It is quite possible that the program is written in such a way that it prompts for input after each step. In this case, there is not much you can do.

Anyway try this bat file

rem @echo off
    rem calling protocol: ExecuteDecode.bat version inputfilepath outputfilepath
    :Start
    IF "%1" == "" GOTO ErrorNoVersion
    IF "%2" == "" GOTO ErrorNoInputFilePath
    IF "%3" == "" GOTO ErrorNoOutputFilePath
    echo Executing Decode
    decode %1 %2 %3
    pause
    goto Exit
    :ErrorNoOutputFilePath
    echo You did not enter an Output File Path
    pause
    goto Exit