HElp. Please - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HElp. Please

fest2lovefest2love Posts: 5Member
Hi,
Happy new year to you right there, Hope everthimg i s fine with you there...Please I need your help in Developing an Algorithm for a Question to be solved by Laplace Method.

The Question goes furhter.

y"(0)+5y'(0)+6y=sinx
Use Laplace Method to solve the above Differential Equation and Develop an Algorithm for it Using Either Pascal Or Java to write a computer program for the solution.

Please It is urgently needed and I will highly Appreciate if I hear back from you.

Regards,
Festus

Comments

• AtexAtex Posts: 268Member
    If you manage to pull together a pseudo-code, I could help you implementing it... Some 10 years passed since I last used differentials, so totally forgot how to solve them :-( You could try to visit some math forums also.
  • fest2lovefest2love Posts: 5Member
    Thanks for your reply, Below is the solution of the Differential equation where L stands for Laplace. It will be of great pleasure if you could help me very quickly because it is being needed before thursday. Thanks very much.

Use the Laplace Transform to evaluate
    y
  • AtexAtex Posts: 268Member
    Tough cookie... this requires quite complex code to do.
    How familiar are you with Pascal ?
    You need to write a parser to analyze the input function ( look at: http://www.bsdg.org/SWAG/MATH/index.html for a couple of examples, however these cover quite basic operations only, but could use it to expand it to your needs ), to make things simple support only those functions what are contained in your equation. From this point follow though every step needed to solve the problem, this involves further parses down the road and pattern recognitions...