Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Convert Screen Coordinates do World Coordinates

I have a point defined on screen, that i captured using Win32 API "GetCursorPos" and transformed it with the "ScreenToClient" in order to know where the click was made on screen.
After that i created a PointF variable to keep the values of .X and .Y.

I need to use that point (actually its a lot of points created that way) in a variable of type Direct3D.CustomVertex.PositionColored, in order to position the point in my 3d world.
Of course that if i do something like:

tmp_point = (PointF)m_pontos_coordenadas[key]; // tmp_point is a PointF variable
v = new Vector3(tmp_point.X, -tmp_point.Y, 1.0f);
vertexColored[internal_counter].SetPosition(v); //vertexColored[internal_counter]is a variable of type Direct3D.CustomVertex.PositionColored

this wont work because one is in screen coordinates and the other is in world coordinates.
How can i convert the screen coordinates to the world coordinates?
my World is defined as:

graphics.Transform.View = Matrix.OrthoOffCenterLH(0, screenwidth - 150, screenheight, 0, 1, 10);

where screenwidth =800 and screenheight=600

Can you help?
my thanks in advanced