Fullscreen Background Image? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fullscreen Background Image?

Hi I am building a fullscreen website and i have a image i want to use as the background. The code i am using achieves the fullscreen image effect but the image warps and stretches when i scale the browser.

I need to make the image scale without warping, this is very common in flash sites and a example can be seen here, agmint.com

Their are allot of people it seems wondering the same thing and nobody has an answer. I don't think it is a hard thing to solve but that people are reluctant to give up the code for this powerful effect.

Any help would be great, Thanks, Gabe.

• cobalt60cobalt60 Posts: 3Member
  • cobalt60cobalt60 Posts: 3Member
    Is their anybody out their????
  • jonnyhitekjonnyhitek Posts: 1Member
    hi i am exploring this as the moment :

this will help you it is a script offered at google soruce code can't remember the developers names full details acan be found at their url.

this will get u along your way.

i have a quesiton what would be the best practice to reduce file size wen i want to use a background image in flash - min 1024 - 768 then increased with browser window. i have got the actual image down to under a 1mb but wen bought into flash it increases greatly.

cheers jonathan