Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Calling CLR based C++ managed DLL from C#

biased36biased36 Posts: 9Member
Hello everybody,
I want to know the way of creating CLR based C++ managed DLL in MS Visual Studio 2008. Please inform me elaborately even with code(example).

I also wanna know how can I call the functions of that DLL from Windows C# application.
Redirect me to the appropriate link, if possible.

Thanks to all.

Comments

• michakmichak Posts: 10Member
    : Hello everybody,
    : I want to know the way of creating CLR based C++ managed DLL in
    : MS Visual Studio 2008. Please inform me elaborately even with
    : code(example).
    :
    : I also wanna know how can I call the functions of that DLL from
    : Windows C# application.
    : Redirect me to the appropriate link, if possible.
    :
    : Thanks to all.
    :
    IMO library wrote in C# you can call only in C# applications

• itdelphiaitdelphia Posts: 28Member
    : : Hello everybody,
    : : I want to know the way of creating CLR based C++ managed DLL in
    : : MS Visual Studio 2008. Please inform me elaborately even with
    : : code(example).
    : :
    : : I also wanna know how can I call the functions of that DLL from
    : : Windows C# application.
    : : Redirect me to the appropriate link, if possible.
    : : Thanks to all.
    : IMO library wrote in C# you can call only in C# applications
    :
    :
    CLR is design for multilanguages. Its libraries are fully can be used in many languages. I think you only need to add that DLL reference to your projects, and simply use it as other objects.
  • jnnnnnjnnnnn Posts: 1Member
    You can make a c++ managed dll by going File->New Project. Under Visual C++ there is a CLR option - choose the Class Library template under here to create a managed c++ dll.

You can include this dll in a c# project by right-clicking on the c# project in the solution explorer, choosing Add Reference, and choosing your project from the Projects tab.