Others can't use my Borland C++ Builder EXE. Any suggestions? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Others can't use my Borland C++ Builder EXE. Any suggestions?

I compiled an EXE in Borland C++ Builder and sent it to my friend for him to try out but he told me it gave him some error (he's missing a DLL?). I solved this problem somehow before but couldn't do it this time. I looked everywhere in options. I clicked the Full Release button and all sorts of other things but each time I sent it he responded that he couldn't run it. Argh! And yes, I know I'm overlooking something very simple but it's just killing me. ;-) I think it has to do with linking external DLLs in the EXE?? but I think I tried that too. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Your problem is that C++Builder applications requires that you have these files included your app path:

vcl35.bpl

vcldb35.bpl

abd I think this to: borlndmm.dll

just include these in the zip or install file and your app will work! :)

: I compiled an EXE in Borland C++ Builder and sent it to my friend for him to try out but he told me it gave him some error (he's missing a DLL?). I solved this problem somehow before but couldn't do it this time. I looked everywhere in options. I clicked the Full Release button and all sorts of other things but each time I sent it he responded that he couldn't run it. Argh! And yes, I know I'm overlooking something very simple but it's just killing me. ;-) I think it has to do with linking external DLLs in the EXE?? but I think I tried that too. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

:

• Greetings

I ran into the same problem a while back and found this info on another m/b. It cured the problem for me.

Stoic Joker

How can compile my program to just an exe file that doesn't depend on Borland DLL's or BPL's?

Choose Project->Settings (Shift-Ctrl-F11)

On the "Linker" page uncheck "Use dynamic RTL"

On the "Packages" page uncheck "Build with Runtime packages"

After that you need to perform a complete Build of your project to make the new settings work.

: I compiled an EXE in Borland C++ Builder and sent it to my friend for him to try out but he told me it gave him some error (he's missing a DLL?). I solved this problem somehow before but couldn't do it this time. I looked everywhere in options. I clicked the Full Release button and all sorts of other things but each time I sent it he responded that he couldn't run it. Argh! And yes, I know I'm overlooking something very simple but it's just killing me. ;-) I think it has to do with linking external DLLs in the EXE?? but I think I tried that too. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

:

• I had the same problem, since I use Borland C++. The easiest (and legal) thing to do is to statically compile your project. It makes the EXE slightly bigger, but you don't have to include any Borland files in your program zip/setup (which may not be legal), and if you ever upgrade one part of your program and Borland has changed or removed those specific dlls in future releases, you won't have to go back and figure out which dlls you need to add to your zip/setup.

-Seph

:

• The subject covers it.

Thanks.