Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

USB Keyboard Filter Driver for Windows

Hello,

I am working on a project in which a scanner is registered as a USB keyboard and sends a string of numbers to the active application just like a keyboard when an ID card is scanned.

I want to be able to manipulate the input by dropping a few characters on the front and back as well as possibly adding a static prefix or suffix to the string before sending the input to the active application.

My hope from my small amount of research is that it is possible to do this with an upper keyboard filter driver that accepts the raw input from the standard usb driver, manipulates it, and then sends it out as slightly altered keyboard input again.

I don't really know anything about driver development so any examples or source code would be greatly helpful.

Thanks.