Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

need help to search database contents and display result in data grid

hello ..

i really need ur help . i m making an assignment in vb6 and ms-access to search a database contents by cliking a command-button and display the results in datagrid and the records can be add, delete and modified aswell..

kindly send me the code
thanku m w8ing for ur reply
rumman1@hotmail.com

Comments

• GyronMkweboGyronMkwebo Member Posts: 224 ✭✭

Personally, i prefer to help programmers who would have at least shown some effort in solving their problem. Anyway...i think what you need is to have a adodc control on your form. set the data source for the control to be text. Then when you click the button, refresh the control by sending a sql statement like [code]"select*from users where clue>0".[/code] Most likely,the where part is determined by what the system user would have put into a text box so you would have something like
    [code] "Select*from visitors where hometown='" & txtHometown.text & "'"[/code]

obviously the adodc control will be the datasource for your datagrid. been sometime i last did this, but i guess i have pointed you in some direction
  • rumman1rumman1 Member Posts: 2
    sir this is my effort attached here ..
    kindly tell me how to code it..
    following are the things i require to do:

1- this roject will me machine independent as i want to run it on some other machines as exe project
    2-in form 2 , Add delete update functions for the customers are required thats easy to do

3-but main prob is with data grid that i am using in form 3 to search the data base and display the output

m waiting for your kind consideration
    thanku so very much
  • GyronMkweboGyronMkwebo Member Posts: 224 ✭✭
    K...let me look at your code and will give you something