"Delete all" option in the mailbox? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

"Delete all" option in the mailbox?

Would it be possible to make a "delete all" or "mark all" feature in the mailbox?

Since I deleted hundreds of posts as a moderator during the recent spam flood, my outbox is jammed with copies of messages sent to spam bot accounts, informing them that their post was deleted.

I realize that I could have removed the "notify user" option upon deleting the post, but that I would have to click that flag 100 times instead of clicking the delete flag 100 times in my outbox.

Of course, if there was a "mass delete" feature for moderators, that would also solve the issue.

Edit: As a parenthesis, Opera used to be able to show the outbox properly despite the vast amount of messages, but now it has now given up, showing a big white page. IE shows it properly still, however.

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : Would it be possible to make a "delete all" or "mark all" feature in
    : the mailbox?
    :
    Yes, easily; just checked that into SVN and it'll be in the next deployment (so perhaps later today, since I'll probably have some other bits that I want to push out).

: Since I deleted hundreds of posts as a moderator during the recent
    : spam flood, my outbox is jammed with copies of messages sent to spam
    : bot accounts, informing them that their post was deleted.
    :
    Thanks for your help in the clean-up.

: Edit: As a parenthesis, Opera used to be able to show the outbox
    : properly despite the vast amount of messages, but now it has now
    : given up, showing a big white page. IE shows it properly still,
    : however.
    Strange...sounds like some kind of Opera bug.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Jonathan
    ###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");