Help with CMD and VB.Net - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with CMD and VB.Net

MaxDesMaxDes Posts: 1Member
I am trying to get cmd to work and am having issues.... even when I don't use text box varables and hardcode things I get nothing happening.... this is my code:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim sYourCommand1a As String
'Dim sYourCommand1b As String
'Dim sYourCommand1c As String
sYourCommand1a = "attrib -r c:documents and settingsmarc.vistelocal settings empEchowall.bmp"
Shell("cmd /C" & sYourCommand1a)
End Sub
End Class

when I type this in a cmd line it works fine. In this code... it doesn't do anything at all....

Any ideas?

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    I have not ever sent commands to shell before, but I can tell you what I see wrong in this particular code... (not sure if this is what is breaking it)

Your doing a Shell on the following string. Notice that there is no space between /C and attrib. Do "cmd /C " & sYourCommand1a

Still I don't know if that is the problem, i'll look into it tonight after work, if your getting an error message post that.

Shell("cmd /Cattrib -r c:documents and settingsmarc.vistelocal settings empEchowall.bmp")