Help with CMD and VB.Net - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help with CMD and VB.Net

MaxDesMaxDes Posts: 1Member
I am trying to get cmd to work and am having issues.... even when I don't use text box varables and hardcode things I get nothing happening.... this is my code:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim sYourCommand1a As String
'Dim sYourCommand1b As String
'Dim sYourCommand1c As String
sYourCommand1a = "attrib -r c:documents and settingsmarc.vistelocal settings empEchowall.bmp"
Shell("cmd /C" & sYourCommand1a)
End Sub
End Class

when I type this in a cmd line it works fine. In this code... it doesn't do anything at all....

Any ideas?

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    I have not ever sent commands to shell before, but I can tell you what I see wrong in this particular code... (not sure if this is what is breaking it)

Your doing a Shell on the following string. Notice that there is no space between /C and attrib. Do "cmd /C " & sYourCommand1a

Still I don't know if that is the problem, i'll look into it tonight after work, if your getting an error message post that.

[code]
    Shell("cmd /Cattrib -r c:documents and settingsmarc.vistelocal settings empEchowall.bmp")
    [/code]