Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How much does programming software cost?

I am new to the programming industry and from what i have heard,it takes lots of practice to become a better programmer. So,I was wondering where i could get my hands on some programming software.What do programming software usually sell for?Should i avoid downloading free programming software(cause of viruses).Reading programming books can only do so much for me, but when i actually do it, i learn so much more(the do's and do nots).What can a student do to become a better programmer?Any advice is highly appreciated!Thanks.

Comments

• XLoomXLoom Posts: 129Member
    Hi, no you should definitely not avoid free programming software and I haven't seen any popular and free programming product with viruses. It would be difficult to make as programmers are the people who make and spot viruses. And while my view may be biased as I have mostly used free software, I'd have to say that most programming tools are just as good as commercial software. I suggest CodeBlocks IDE with MinGW (C/C++) compiler, it's quite easy to use and you'll learn a bit more of what goes on behind the curtains. You may want to try some (somewhat) easier programming languages at first such as PHP or whatever you can find on the web.

Also you can get best help from Google. This has also become the first rule of programming: help yourself. More than enough information is out there and more than once have all your questions been answered. If you won't learn to find the information yourself and always have to ask it on forums you waste your own time and others.

And to become a better programmer you'd have to program. Theory can only get you so far. You won't learn to drive without a car. That's all there is to it.
  • tman11580tman11580 Posts: 8Member
    that guy was kinda wrong lol you should get windows visual basic and learn with that im takin a class right now and you can download that program for free and you will be able to make some cool programs/games, im currently working on a webbrowser and its really cool, if you want you can talk to me on aim and i can help you out a bit or msn..
    AIM-yeahhibmx
    MSN-tman11580@hotmail.com
  • musashi42musashi42 Posts: 2Member
    : that guy was kinda wrong lol you should get windows visual basic and
    : learn with that im takin a class right now and you can download that
    : program for free and you will be able to make some cool
    : programs/games, im currently working on a webbrowser and its really
    : cool, if you want you can talk to me on aim and i can help you out a
    : bit or msn..
    : AIM-yeahhibmx
    : MSN-tman11580@hotmail.com
    :

Microsoft is now offering to download from their site for free the whole visual studio 2008 suite with vb and c# and mssql .
    You can check my website [link=http://www.mydollarsoftware.com]www.mydollarsoftware.com[/link] where you can see what I made with it and when You buy some of my software you get complete programs and source code which you can change and do what ever you want with it, its open source :)
  • adaadaadaada Posts: 1Member
    These guys want 49EUR/Hour. They are Germans, but they speaks english. http://www.programmierung-nach-mass.de/