Ignore paths??? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Ignore paths???

granskengransken Posts: 2Member
Hi there!
Have come across a somewhat unusual(?) problem regarding include paths. Hopefully some of you guys have a way to get around it. Here it is:

In a project that I'm involved in some people decided to to use a complete unix path for include files.... Like this:

#ifndef SOME_FILE__
#define SOME_FILE__
#include "/clearcase_rootdir/some_vob/subdir1/subdir2/subdir3/someFile.h"
#endif

The problem here is that I'am on a Windows XP computer and there is no access to this path under windows. The closest one can get is to map a drive letter to the M:some_clearcase_view (the clearcase root in windows) but that would take me to the /subdir1/ level of the above path and not the "/clearcase_rootdir" that I want to get hold of...

Has anyone got any suggestions in how to solve the issue? Anything goes here.
Been thinking about if there are som preprocessor directive that states something like "#ignore path" to include-files and just uses the filename and the std paths specified in the environment and makefile

.. Regards

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : The problem here is that I'am on a Windows XP computer and there is
    : no access to this path under windows.

Why not? That should work fine under any Windows compiler that I know of.

: The closest one can get is to
    : map a drive letter to the M:some_clearcase_view (the clearcase
    : root in windows) but that would take me to the /subdir1/ level of
    : the above path and not the "/clearcase_rootdir" that I want to get
    : hold of...

Im not to sure why that would be. If it does take you to subdir1/, and you want to grab its parent path, try this:

#include "M:some_clearcase_view..someheader.h"

This would open M:some_clearcase_viewsome_vobsomeheader.h, assuming some_vob is the parent of the subdir1/ directory.

: Has anyone got any suggestions in how to solve the issue? Anything
    : goes here.

I actually do have one: If a project requires access to a header file that is inside of alot of sub directories (As in your original example) that represents a horrific abstraction level and poor design in my opinion. However, Because I do not know anything about the project at hand, this may not apply.

: Been thinking about if there are som preprocessor directive that
    : states something like "#ignore path" to include-files and just uses
    : the filename and the std paths specified in the environment and
    : makefile

I actually think there is in MSVC++... Im going to have to verify that though.

• granskengransken Posts: 2Member
    Problem solved. They have decided to remove the paths....