Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

control another application from vb.net

gmorgulisgmorgulis Posts: 1Member
I need to control another application from vb.net by simulating keyboard and mouse entries.
The idea is to auomatize tasks of changing prices on an e-commerce solution's control panel because I have no direct access to the database.
Can somebody help me?

Comments

• seancampbellseancampbell Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 684Member ✭✭✭
    Sure! Look up the SendKeys command in google. Its pretty cool feature that allows you to send Keyboard commands to the processor. (so you can hit tab to go through fields and punch in numbers with it). Also, there is a command (off the top of my head I cannot recall it but if you don't come across it in your search just ask again I will find it for you) that allows you to do mouse input, so you can move your mouse cursor to a specific Pixel x Pixel coordinate and do clicking and that sort of thing.

To date I don't really know a way to acquire information from an application's objects (I am no means an expert in this field, so it doesn't mean its not doable) to check things, so doing sendkeys is pretty dependent on having the same prompts each time or ones that you can check the case of by the input values.

Hope this helps,
    Sean Campbell -firesickle.com

: I need to control another application from vb.net by simulating
    : keyboard and mouse entries.
    : The idea is to auomatize tasks of changing prices on an e-commerce
    : solution's control panel because I have no direct access to the
    : database.
    : Can somebody help me?
  • vbDevvbDev Posts: 18Member
    I made something myself for my workplace using vb6. Can't be that hard using .Net.
    As for thre remote thingie. I was able to see another computer's screen in a textbox every so seconds and i was able to move the mouse around. Not using it or finished antything . Reply and I can send it to you.

[color=Green]HP[/color]
    [hr]

: : I need to control another application from vb.net by simulating
    : : keyboard and mouse entries.
    : : The idea is to auomatize tasks of changing prices on an e-commerce
    : : solution's control panel because I have no direct access to the
    : : database.
    : : Can somebody help me?
    :