Source for Printing Info - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Source for Printing Info

Ed HallEd Hall Posts: 395Member
Currently, my program creates a large editbox and fills it with the results of competitors in a competition. Using an editbox allows the director to make changes, if desired. I'm looking for a good reference to tell me how to communicate with the printer such that I can vary the size and orientation, etc., so I can adjust the info to fit the printed page. In the "old days" I would simply open up the LPT and send codes. I guess I can still send streams to the printer, but I need to know the rest of the Win32 story. Any good on line references?

As an extra thought, I'm currently using a fixed width font so I can have properly formatted tabular data. Is there something that explains another approach that can show varying width fonts in proper columns?

Thanks for any guidance.

Take Care,
Ed