C++ PushBack/PushFront methods - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

C++ PushBack/PushFront methods

rjdfhorn_06rjdfhorn_06 Posts: 8Member
I'm trying to implement a PutFront method that places an integer at the FRONT of an array. So for example:

array before PutFront(1):
array after PutFront(1):

I've already created a PutBack method that puts an integer at the back of an array like this: (this is all in a source file, my main file will test these functions)

size_t xArray::PutBack(const int c){
if ( len == size ) {
int* temp = data;
size = size * 2;
data = new int[size];
for ( size_t i = 0; i < len; i++ ) {
data[i] = temp[i];
}
delete[] temp;
data[len] = c;
}
else {
data[len] = c;
}
return len = len+1;
}

I'm thinking that the PutFront method should be somewhat similar to the PutBack method. Can someone please help me create PutFront. This is all I have:(there is a header file with these private variables:

private:
size_t len;
size_t size;

//data of int array
int* data;
int* start;

size_t xArray::PushFront(const int c){
int* temp = data;
size = size * 2;
data = new int[size];
for ( size_t i = size; i < len; i++ ) {
data[i] = temp[i];