Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to programming a fast file explorer app

Hello,

Does any body know how standart windows explorer works so fast, and is able to display each file with it's proper icon. I wrote app which channed the whole disk every time started, but it was terribly slow, and there was no way to know every file's icon

Please send me some info, if there is some windows db, where every file is decribed.

TNX

Comments

• Jason..

I think Windows Explorer makes heavy use of file monitors. You can find an example of one at sysinternals.com. Also, I think its a multi-threaded app, only showing/reading/updating files in the folder(s) that are expanded. The logic behind that is not terribly hard to implement.

For the icons question, check out ExtractAssociatedIcon.

: Hello,

:

: Does any body know how standart windows explorer works so fast, and is able to display each file with it's proper icon. I wrote app which channed the whole disk every time started, but it was terribly slow, and there was no way to know every file's icon

:

: Please send me some info, if there is some windows db, where every file is decribed.

:

: TNX

: