Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

WAV/MP3 querying using LAME(?)

conanmconanm Posts: 1Member
I want to write an app to derive frequencies from waveforms of mp3s with a view to programming a crude transcription system. i.e. "this bar uses this chord", etc...

Could anyone recommend me reading, or open source projects or anything like that?

Or talk me out of it...

Thanks,

Conan

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAPosts: 1,035Member
    : I want to write an app to derive frequencies from waveforms of mp3s
    : with a view to programming a crude transcription system. i.e. "this
    : bar uses this chord", etc...
    :
    : Could anyone recommend me reading, or open source projects or
    : anything like that?
    :
    : Or talk me out of it...
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Conan
    :
    I do not believe that this is possible. You're talking about a wave consisting of many different instruments playing simultaneously. You would first have to somehow single out your instrument and then figure out what chord it is by the sound. That would be difficult and slow.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]
  • earningmanearningman Posts: 1Member
    Did you find that application?
    [SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Visit Servana to get unique [URL="http://www.servana.com"]small business info[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]