Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Creating a Game Development Team

Hello,

first of all my name is George and I am searching to assemble a TEAM that will help me create pc games. I have unlimited ideas & concepts about several genres of games. I've already started writing down many games in documents since years, but because I lack in programming I couldn't built any engine. So, now I need to create a TEAM from scratch that can help me in the development. I need c++ programmers, 3D/2D graphic designers, artists and anyone with any kind of skill concerning the DEVELOPMENT OF GAMES. I myself have designing skills. So if anyone is interested in this and has free time, feel free to send me an e-mail at piguinoz@hotmail.com, please include the position you want with a list of your skills and anything else necessary about you.
Moreover, I would like to provide you with more specific information. In the beginning we will work for FREE, BUT if there are any opportunities to have our games sold, like if it's worth-playing, "absorbs" a lot of gamers or even a publishing company will pay us to release it (the most coolest thing), then each of us will get a percentance of money equal to his work. In other words, we will become a STUDIO. Also as I've mentioned before I haven't built any engine. So either we built one from scratch or find an open source from the internet. Finally, it's not obligatory to have special qualifications. Most important is the free time and to have fun developing games together. Please consider joining, I am waiting for your reply.

Comments

• MokazonMokazon Posts: 7Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : first of all my name is George and I am searching to assemble a
    : TEAM that will help me create pc games. I have unlimited ideas &
    : concepts about several genres of games. I've already started writing
    : down many games in documents since years, but because I lack in
    : programming I couldn't built any engine. So, now I need to create a
    : TEAM from scratch that can help me in the development. I need c++
    : programmers, 3D/2D graphic designers, artists and anyone with any
    : kind of skill concerning the DEVELOPMENT OF GAMES. I myself have
    : designing skills. So if anyone is interested in this and has free
    : time, feel free to send me an e-mail at piguinoz@hotmail.com, please
    : include the position you want with a list of your skills and
    : anything else necessary about you.
    : Moreover, I would like to provide you with more specific
    : information. In the beginning we will work for FREE, BUT if there
    : are any opportunities to have our games sold, like if it's
    : worth-playing, "absorbs" a lot of gamers or even a publishing
    : company will pay us to release it (the most coolest thing), then
    : each of us will get a percentance of money equal to his work. In
    : other words, we will become a STUDIO. Also as I've mentioned before
    : I haven't built any engine. So either we built one from scratch or
    : find an open source from the internet. Finally, it's not obligatory
    : to have special qualifications. Most important is the free time and
    : to have fun developing games together. Please consider joining, I am
    : waiting for your reply.

I would gladly help out!

• PunkRocker277PunkRocker277 Posts: 1Member
    I would love to help but I only know Java not C++.
  • silver7rfersilver7rfer Posts: 1Member
    hey man,im in the same cicle and im also full with ideas and im a charter disigner why we dont meet and combine our powers... ivyblade@live.com Valeri i have lot more to tell you but first answer on my mail so we can have an actual contact please;
  • JamesWhiteJamesWhite Posts: 6Member
    Hi everyone
    I am new to this community and happy to be part of it. I am a software engg working in a organization since 4yrs. I love to play online internet game. I have news for the people those are interested in video game. There is site lunch for game called [link=http://monstergames.ro]Jocuri Flash[/link] in the web site http://monstergames.ro/. Just play once and take the new experience and enjoy the fun.

Thanks

http://www.monstergames.ro
  • williamr4jwilliamr4j Posts: 1Member
    I found this while thinking about getting my own team together to make android phone games. Not that I wouldn't love to get computer games going as well, I just know that the payoff could come a lot quicker and still have high quality to the games being developed.

Let me know if this is of any interest to anyone. I myself am a graphic designer and am still working on learning code.

Look forward to talking with you.
  • JGorard159JGorard159 Posts: 1Member
    Hi there! I'm Jonathan and as you can see I am fairly new here. I would love to form a Game Development team. I have basic/intermediate programming skill, I have created basic games in C++, using SDL, Allegro, and I have messed around a bit in OpenGL and DirectX.

I would probably not have enough skill to be the one and only programmer in the team, but I certainly could help out with the programming side and assist in building the game's engine. I am more skilled, however, in general software development and web design, so I would be very happy to be a web designer for the project too, as well as help out with art, gameplay mechanics and general design.

I am not time constrained at all at the moment, so working will not be a problem timewise. Hope to hear from you soon!
  • duckwagonduckwagon Posts: 7Member
    I was wondering how far you have gotten on this...

Because I find myself in a somewhat similar boat, and want to know if you've had any success this way. I had thought to do the same thing.

Except, I have much less experience then you... I have only (almost) completed a basic course on python, and that's really just to teach basic programming concepts. And yet, I keep having these ideas I want to put together.
  • duckwagonduckwagon Posts: 7Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • mgonzal4mgonzal4 Posts: 1Member
    : I was wondering how far you have gotten on this...
    :
    : Because I find myself in a somewhat similar boat, and want to know
    : if you've had any success this way. I had thought to do the same
    : thing.
    :
    : Except, I have much less experience then you... I have only (almost)
    : completed a basic course on python, and that's really just to teach
    : basic programming concepts. And yet, I keep having these ideas I
    : want to put together.

Hi, first of all my name is martin....
    I was also wondering how far have YOU gotten on this project....
    I am looking forward to join a game development team and would like to help you, although I am not a very experienced programer(yet)... I know some basic c# and Java, and now learning python. I'm also willing to learn more stuff, from graphic design, to other programming languages, to whatever is needed to make this happen. I'm mainly looking forward to have fun and gain some experience... and... If possible get a profit out of this project.
    I hope to hear from you soon... o and here's my e-mail
    martin.glez@hotmail.com
  • plus20plus20 Posts: 2Member
    I'm interested in the same idea. Would you be interested in discussing this topic or if you have been contacted by one of the others, passing on my post?