Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

[| -- C++ Experts Help: Looping/Inputting data (fstream) -- |]

HalfAmazin89HalfAmazin89 Member Posts: 1
Hey Guys

I have to make a program where it accepts/denies applications into a club. [B]The program should read in information about applicants (None was given so I believe I have to make up some applicant info in Notepad) and output a statement of acceptance or rejection for each applicant. [/B]

[B]Each input line contains the follwing information about the applicant:[/B]
[list]
[*]Applicant's ID number (0-9,999)
Age (0-120)
Score on the Test of Social Skills (0-100)
Score on the literature Art and History test (0-100)
Yearly Income (5,000 - 9,999,999)
An indication of whether the applicants parents where already in the club (y/n)
[/list]

There are 4 judges and each Judge vote for different things:
[list]
[*]Judge 1 votes to accept any candidate who averages 90 or better on the 2 tests.
Judge 2 votes to accept any candidate whose income, in thousands of dollars, exceeds twice his or her age.
Judge 3 votes to accept any candidate who scores at least an 85 on the social skills test and who parents have been inthe Club.
Judge 4 always disagrees with Judge 3 with the exception that she always approves an applicant who is under 35 years old and earns more thank $200,000.
[/list]

In the event of a tie the judges have to take a second vote. At that point judge 3 lower her social skills test requirement down to 75 if Judge 2 had voted to accept the candidate. If the vote is still split, the candidate is not accepted, but is encouraged to reapply in 3 years.

The output format says that the program should echo-print the input then output the judges votes and the final decision. In the case of a split decision, both sets of votes should be printed out. If the candidate is too young or has failed the exams, a message of ineligibility is printed (no vote is taken). If an invalid value is read in (ex: age = 200 or income = $2000), the program should print out an error message and go on to the next applicant.

[B]My teacher mentioned something about using notepad or excel to input data in compliance with an header, only problem is I don't know how. Plus, when I put in my code it just says "Input Candidate's ID #"[/B]

[img=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/HalfAmazin89/CandidatesID.png]

Here's my code:

[CODE]#include
#include

using namespace std;

int main (){
int num, age, social, art, income;
int dec;
int tievote;
int i;

char parents;
ofstream results;
results.open("/Users/putyoursoxon/Documents/results.txt");//application results go here

for(i = 1; i <= 3; i ++)
{
dec = 0;
cout << "Input canidate's ID #" << endl;
cin >> num;
cout << "Input canidate's age" << endl;
cin >> age;
cout << "Input canidate's social skills test score" << endl;
cin >> social;
cout << "Input canidate's art and history test score" << endl;
cin >> art;
cout << "Input canidate's income" << endl;
cin >> income;
cout <<"Are canidate's parents in the WTS?" << endl;
cin >> parents;
results << "Canidate ID#" << num << ", Age =" << age << ", Social skils test score =" << social << endl;
results << "Art and history test score =" << art << ", Income =$" << income << ", Parents in WTS? =" << parents << endl;
results << endl;
//display input data
if ( age < 30 || age > 120 || social < 60 || social > 100 || art < 60 || art > 100 || income < 5000 || income > 9999999 || parents != 'y' && parents != 'n')
results << "There is a error in the data" << endl;
else if ( age < 0 || age > 120)
results << "The age of canidate ID#" << num << " is invalid" << endl;

else if (social < 0 || social > 100)
results << "The social skills test score of canidate ID#" << num << " is invaid" << endl;

else if ( art < 0 || art > 100)
results << "The art and history test score of canidate ID#" << num << " is invalid" << endl;

else if (income < 5000 || income > 9999999)
results << "The yearly income of canidate ID#" << num << " is invalid" << endl;

else if (parents != 'y' && parents != 'n')
results << "The input for status of canidate ID#" << num << " parents is not a valid input" << endl;
//Checks that the input data is within the range required

else if ( age < 30)
results << "Canidate ID#" << num << " is not old enough to apply. Please reapply in " << 30 - age << " years" << endl;

else if ( social < 60)
results << "Canidate ID#" << num << " has failed the social skills test and cannot apply" << endl;

else if ( art < 60)
results << "Canidate ID#" << num << " has failed the art and history test and cannot apply" << endl;

else
if ( ((social + art) / 2) >= 90)
dec ++;
if ( (income / 1000) > (age * 2))
dec ++;
if (parents = 'y' && social >= 85)
dec ++;
if (age < 35 && income > 200000 || parents != 'y' || social < 85)
dec ++;
if (dec>2)
results << "Canidate ID#" << num << " has been accepted into the Windsor Tea Society with " << dec << " votes. Congratulations!" << endl;
else if (dec<2)
results << "Canidate ID#" << num << " has not been accepted into the Winsor Tea Society with only " << dec << " votes. Sorry :-(" << endl;
else
results <<"Its a tie!"<< endl;
}

results.close();
return 0;
}[/CODE]

Can You guys please help?