Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ode45

jimyyjimyy Posts: 1Member
Hi all, i have had to use ode45 in MATLAB to solve an ODE. This part was fine and the output is correct. It had to be plotted which was also no problem. The problem is the output is temperature versus time, and the final part wants the determination of a time constant from a known temperature. Is there any function that will determine this time from the graph or from the data solved in the ode solution. As so far nothing will work.

Comments

• rinoobrinoob Posts: 14Member
    : Hi all, i have had to use ode45 in MATLAB to solve an ODE. This part
    : was fine and the output is correct. It had to be plotted which was
    : also no problem. The problem is the output is temperature versus
    : time, and the final part wants the determination of a time constant
    : from a known temperature. Is there any function that will determine
    : this time from the graph or from the data solved in the ode
    : solution. As so far nothing will work.
    :
    use a while loop to go through the data and approximate the frequency then the inverse of the frequency is the time constant as far as I know there is no premade function to do this still it is an easy function.