Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Datagridview questions

Hi all, i have two questions re the datagridview.

Firstly, i want to know if its possible to make a datagridview dynamically re-size itself (height only in this instance) when a new row is added. I know that columns etc can autosize, i mean the actual datagridview as a whole.
Having done a quick google i don't think that it is possible but i was hoping somebody here had some idea's.

Secondly, is it possible to have a datagridview work similarly to a spreadsheet? ie: what i want is to have a datagridview to have column headers but also day names on the rows (please see attached pic which will make more sense..) and say that i have monday, tuesday, wednesday etc etc as row names, if i am at row monday, i want to be able to add extra rows below for each day. I know i haven't explained it very well but the pic should be clearer - honest!
Basically, if i have this scenario in Excel, i just 'add new row' below the relevant day and insert my data, i would like to do this using datagridview (in attached pic, the added rows are in blue).

If none of this is possible using datagridview (as i suspect) has anyone any idea's to achieve a similar result?

Thanks in advance.

Comments