Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

SQLDataReader-Retrieving multiple rows with same project id and rating

sxb4545sxb4545 Posts: 6Member
Hi

I am fairly rustic in VB.NET using the SQLData Reader object and would appreciate any help. I am actually considering an inquiry on how to retrieve the number of rows of project id (i.e) those project that have the same project id and rating(i.e) feedback given by users on submission of a click (Submit Button designed in GUI) ... The insert query writes the data into ProjectRating table and that table is linked with the Project table...However I need to be able to update the Average Rating row of Project table.

When a user clicks on submit button for that Project id the rating is added and the number of raters is kept track . So for every user who gives the rating through combobox rating combobox the rating value is added to the previous rating value (How to go by this??No Ideas..Anybody can help in that) and then divided by number of raters... This in way is updated in the Project table...and the value is computed in the averagerating column...

How to go by this... I would like a small sample code to give me a fair insight on using the SQLDataReader... like in the above case