Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Multiplication table using for loop

polgasmpolgasm Posts: 3Member
[size=1][/size]Please help me how to make a program that would directly print the multiplication table using [b]for loop[/b].

the required output will be like this

[hr]
* 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
2 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20
3 3 6 9 12 15 18 21 24 27 30
4 4 8 12 16 20 24 28 32 36 40
5 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50

or

1 2 3 4 5
+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
1 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
2 | 2 | 4 | 6 | 8 | 10 |
3 | 3 | 6 | 9 | 12 | 15 |
4 | 4 | 8 | 12 | 16 | 20 |
5 | 5 | 10 | 15 | 20 | 25 |

hope you understand what this output should be.. because it's hard to do it here correctly since it is my very first time in this site.
thank you guys..

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : [size=1][/size]Please help me how to make a program that would
    : directly print the multiplication table using [b]for loop[/b].
    :

I hope my reply is not too late.

Basically, you'd want to make two nested loops
    [code]
    Dim MaxNum As Integer
    Dim x As Integer, y As Integer

For y = 1 To MaxNum
    For x = 1 To MaxNum
    [italic]print x * y[/italic]
    Next x
    Next y
    [/code]
    Here, x represents the column (or horizontal number) and y the row (or vertical number).
    The trick now is to turn it into a nice table, with a column and row header, and spacing between the numbers etc.
    First try if you can manage to fill a string with all the multiples, and see if you can make that look nice (don't worry about the rest of the table at first). Once you get that working, add a piece of code before the for loops to print the column header,. Then before each x-loop, but inside the y-loop print the y-th row header.
    I could tell you more, but I'm affraid I'd give you the entire code if I do. Should I? Because if you want to try yourself, I don't want to ruin that chance for you.
    I'll give you one more tip: use this code framework to create a string (using a lot of string concatenations). If you want to go to a new line, concatenate vbCrLf to the string (sString = sString & vbCrLf).

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry