Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Image processing questions

qiwenfarmerqiwenfarmer Posts: 1Member
hi, I am a student currently planning to use matlab to analyze an image and recognize an object such as a tennis ball on an image.

I am a completely newbie to matlab. Most programming I have done is in VB.net. My professor recommended me to use matlab image processing toolbox. I just got the user guide today, it's like 1200 pages long. I will read it, but I am afraid the due date is too close. So I try to speed up the process by posting on the forum and look for some guidance.

Basically we will take a picture of the entire court from above, and the tennis balls will lay on the court. It should be perfect circular with distinct yellow color. I used VB to scan the image pixel by pixel, and returned some RGB value. Then I set the program to return the pixel coordinate based on the RGB matching. Of course, each ball's color is slightly different because of shadow, resolution, etc

However, it seems matlab offers way more techniques than just color matching. However, can someone give me some advise the technique I should go for? Or the chapters in the user guide that I should read first? or certain commands?

Thank you very much.