Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Charset that fully supports hindi

Hi,
I am a newbie in web development.
I want display hindi charsets on my website, for that I need utf-8 support.
when I test on browser, hindi chars are displayed properly but when I test in my mobile's browser(which also supports utf8,utf16,iso10646-ucs-2,iso8859-1,iso8859-2,iso8859-15) it wasn't displayed properly(printed some square chars).
When checked I found that there one more param in utf-8 called q which is passed.
So here I can say that if my browser supports 'Utf-8' there is no guarantee that it will display hindi charcters properly.

So can any one tell me which is the charset (utf8,utf16,iso10646-ucs-2,iso8859-1,iso8859-2,iso8859-15) that supports hindi fully (100%) and not even 90%.

Regards
Rupam

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    Hi,

Have you seen the mobile display Hindi characters on any other sites? Sometimes the issue is not so much that it doesn't understand the Unicode, but that there are no fonts installed that include the characters in question...

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
  • rupam_jaiswalrupam_jaiswal Posts: 3Member
    my mobile doesnot has any option for setting the font family.
    some of the hindi chars are visible and while some in square brackets.
    and can you tell me which font family should be installed for mobile's browser thats supports hindi ?? (in case other mobiles has option for font family).

:
    Hi,
    :
    : Have you seen the mobile display Hindi characters on any other
    : sites? Sometimes the issue is not so much that it doesn't understand
    : the Unicode, but that there are no fonts installed that include the
    : characters in question...
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&