Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I've got a challenge for you guys...

kyledude92107kyledude92107 Posts: 5Member
I go to a site that has a system where the forums are assigned a board number. The url address has 'board=' at the end, then the board number. Now, the thing is, there are secret boards. For example, if you type in 8675309 for the board number, it takes you to a board named Jenny.

I would like to issue a challenge for you guys to make a program that will allow me to enter the range of the board IDs I want checked (for example, if I inputted 8000-9000, it'd check those boards), and have the program record the board's name into a notepad file; each name on a different line. If the program got an error, it'd be preferred that it skipped the board and moved on.

To clarify: if I wanted it to check the range 564245-564247, and it got to http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=564246, I'd like it to put down the name "Age of Adventure: Ali Baba and the Forty Theives" in the notepad file.

This shouldn't be too hard... And if you can come up with something I'm happy with, I'll add you as an affiliate on my site when it's finished if you please.

Email me if you want. kyledude92107 *at* yahoo [dot] com

Thanks,

-Kyle

Comments

• FlamingkatFlamingkat Posts: 5Member
    : I go to a site that has a system where the forums are assigned a
    : board number. The url address has 'board=' at the end, then the
    : board number. Now, the thing is, there are secret boards. For
    : example, if you type in 8675309 for the board number, it takes you
    : to a board named Jenny.
    :
    : I would like to issue a challenge for you guys to make a program
    : that will allow me to enter the range of the board IDs I want
    : checked (for example, if I inputted 8000-9000, it'd check those
    : boards), and have the program record the board's name into a notepad
    : file; each name on a different line. If the program got an error,
    : it'd be preferred that it skipped the board and moved on.
    :
    : To clarify: if I wanted it to check the range 564245-564247, and it
    : got to http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=564246, I'd
    : like it to put down the name "Age of Adventure: Ali Baba and the
    : Forty Theives" in the notepad file.
    :
    : This shouldn't be too hard... And if you can come up with something
    : I'm happy with, I'll add you as an affiliate on my site when it's
    : finished if you please.
    :
    : Email me if you want. kyledude92107 *at* yahoo [dot] com
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : -Kyle
    :
    As much as I enjoy doing others work. Why not learn to program yourself and build this yourself? It is a simple task to do this but it makes me feel like im just handing it to you witohut you trying at all. Maybe if you show me attempts that you made, I will help you out.

• kyledude92107kyledude92107 Posts: 5Member
    The problem is, with school and everything, along with Spanish of
    all things, I don't have the time to learn. believe me, I've rented
    books on this, but I'm no where near being able to do this.
    Can someone please attempt this? I would really appreciate it.

All right. No responses.

If someone's willing to make this for something (guys, sorry, it can't be money, but I'll do something else if you want), then let me know. I just want this made. I've tried, trust me.