Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

transform XML to XML

I have XML that I need to tranform to another structure of XML. The XML I need to transform is below:

text

text#1
text#1

text#2
text#2

text

text2

text#3
text#3

text

This needs be tranformed to:

Text#1
Text#1

Text#2
Text#2

Text#3
Text#3

Wherever exists, it needs to loop over each and insert each individual into the rest of the data for that group. So if there are 3 's, it should repeat the entire group and insert one of the nodes.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jeet1212jeet1212 Posts: 4Member
    Hi,

Please try below code...I think it will help you.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Thanks!
  • sgoldbergsgoldberg Posts: 2Member
    Thank you! That was perfect. I was trying to use "copy-of" and manipulate the for each after the copy was done. This is great xslt!
  • mdabirimdabiri Posts: 1Member
    I also need to transform xml to xml but the result xml does not show as xml, I can only see the transformed values i,e in this example, I see Text#1 Text#1 on one line and Text#2 Text#2 on the second and not an xml file and when I view source, I only see the original xml doc.
    Maybe not using the correct tranformation instruction. Your help is much appreciated..

This is the xml file
    ----------------------------
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="arrayNode.xslt"?>

Text#1
    Text#1

Text#2
    Text#2

------------------------------------
    And here is the xsl file called arraynode.xslt

-------------------------------
    And here is the result of transformation.
    Text#1 Text#1
    Text#2 Text#2
    But I want another xml file..