Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Begginer questions

sales1sales1 Posts: 1Member
I have only just found this website a couple of hours ago but i havent stopped looking through the forums. The reason i have been looking at different coding languages is because i have began to code in java. I don't really know much about java but my main reason for interest is a game called runescape which i'm guessing most of you are well aware of. My main question is what can be achieved with java? such as pictures and graphics. I am well aware that if i was to code i a game i would be better of with c++ but i would like to know what java has to offer before i give up on it. :) thnx for the help

Comments

• larryprglarryprg Posts: 3Member
    : I have only just found this website a couple of hours ago but i
    : havent stopped looking through the forums. The reason i have been
    : looking at different coding languages is because i have began to
    : code in java. I don't really know much about java but my main reason
    : for interest is a game called runescape which i'm guessing most of
    : you are well aware of. My main question is what can be achieved with
    : java? such as pictures and graphics. I am well aware that if i was
    : to code i a game i would be better of with c++ but i would like to
    : know what java has to offer before i give up on it. :) thnx for the
    : help
    :

You would NOT necessarily be better off using C++ to create your game. Especially since you are a beginner, I wouldn't even consider C++, because it is much more difficult to program in than Java. Java does a lot of system background things that you have to code yourself in C++. I doubt there's anything you would want to do in your game that you couldn't do in Java.