Begginer questions - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Begginer questions

sales1sales1 Posts: 1Member
I have only just found this website a couple of hours ago but i havent stopped looking through the forums. The reason i have been looking at different coding languages is because i have began to code in java. I don't really know much about java but my main reason for interest is a game called runescape which i'm guessing most of you are well aware of. My main question is what can be achieved with java? such as pictures and graphics. I am well aware that if i was to code i a game i would be better of with c++ but i would like to know what java has to offer before i give up on it. :) thnx for the help

Comments

• larryprglarryprg Posts: 3Member
    : I have only just found this website a couple of hours ago but i
    : havent stopped looking through the forums. The reason i have been
    : looking at different coding languages is because i have began to
    : code in java. I don't really know much about java but my main reason
    : for interest is a game called runescape which i'm guessing most of
    : you are well aware of. My main question is what can be achieved with
    : java? such as pictures and graphics. I am well aware that if i was
    : to code i a game i would be better of with c++ but i would like to
    : know what java has to offer before i give up on it. :) thnx for the
    : help
    :

You would NOT necessarily be better off using C++ to create your game. Especially since you are a beginner, I wouldn't even consider C++, because it is much more difficult to program in than Java. Java does a lot of system background things that you have to code yourself in C++. I doubt there's anything you would want to do in your game that you couldn't do in Java.