Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Book for learning Graphics prgrming ...

micro_prgmermicro_prgmer Posts: 2Member

Hi,

I want to learn graphics programming in c++ .I don't kniw anything in graphics programming .I want to learn it

I know c and c++

Which is the best book that starts from NEWBIE level to MASTERING level .

Thanks

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member

Graphics are operating system dependent...First decide what API that you wish to use that is compatible with your operating system and start learning how to use that API.

3d graphics concepts can usually be used across multiple 3d APIs and libraries, so it does not really matter what you choose.

DirectX is Windows and XBox specific and requires some prior knowledge in the system API (ie, Win32 API for Windows)

OpenGL is portable but is graphics only, Other libraries exist however for sound (OpenAL). Input is done through the system API.

There is no book that covers everything about graphics programming... It is simply too complex of a topic.

• Malcolm_McLeanMalcolm_McLean Posts: 252Member ✭✭
    Try Foley [italic]et al [/italic] Compueter Graphics, Principles and Practise. It's the standard work.

Graphics gems are very useful once you've got to a certain level.

If you want a very practical introduction I can recommend my own work, Basic Algorithms.