Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3d icon colors overwrite each other

dotnetgirl369dotnetgirl369 Member Posts: 1
All,

I have been importing 3d icons into NASA's World Wind application, but have run into a couple of issues.

1. If I import a 3d box that is blue and then show a 3d box that is green, both boxes turn green. In general, I realize that some attribute of the .x files must not be unique, which is causing the problem, but I am not sure what to change to make the .x files independent of each other when rendered. I have been trying to dissect the .x file, which appears to be written in C++, but without success.

2. Icons that appear animated in the directx viewer do not appear animated in World Wind.

I have already posted to World Wind forums, but no one has a clue about these problems. I thought you guys might be able to give at least some insight on the color issue.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    : All,
    :
    : I have been importing 3d icons into NASA's World Wind application,
    : but have run into a couple of issues.
    :
    : 1. If I import a 3d box that is blue and then show a 3d box that is
    : green, both boxes turn green. In general, I realize that some
    : attribute of the .x files must not be unique, which is causing the
    : problem, but I am not sure what to change to make the .x files
    : independent of each other when rendered. I have been trying to
    : dissect the .x file, which appears to be written in C++, but without
    : success.

Wrong - this is an issue of your importer or the software you are importing it into. Secondly .x file isn't written in C++ and you can find the file format on MSDN and also probably with the DirectX SDK documentations.

: 2. Icons that appear animated in the directx viewer do not appear
    : animated in World Wind.

Again would be an issue with World Wind. Does it support animated icons? Does their example work properly.

:
    : I have already posted to World Wind forums, but no one has a clue
    : about these problems. I thought you guys might be able to give at
    : least some insight on the color issue.
    :

Not really except that it could be overwriting the material or it expects you to import both boxes as in single scene rather than importing it separately, thus you would effectively have only 1 .x file.

: Thanks in advance,
    :
    : Lisa
    :