object counting problem solve via matlab - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

object counting problem solve via matlab

warleadwarlead Posts: 3Member
I have some questions to ask reagarding to this link

http://fke.utm.my/makmal/PBL/DSP/Uji5.pdf

I must do the object counting solution via matlab,
Someone who can guide me plz....

thanks

my email:cadeoff17_air@yahoo.com

thanx

Comments

• warleadwarlead Posts: 3Member
    : I have some questions to ask reagarding to this link
    :
    : http://fke.utm.my/makmal/PBL/DSP/Uji5.pdf
    :
    :
    : I must do the object counting solution via matlab,
    : Someone who can guide me plz....
    :
    : thanks
    :
    : my email:cadeoff17_air@yahoo.com
    :
    : thanx
    :

anyone can help me..plz

• warleadwarlead Posts: 3Member
    : :
    : I have to solve this question,someone can please guide me?

Download the 3 images shown below in Figure 5 from the DSP PBL Lab website. Write your own Matlab to perform the following task. You are now allowed to use any function in Image Processing Toolbox to help you accomplish your task.

1. Observe carefully the 3 images given. In Figure 5a, there two different sizes of the beads. Likewise in Figure 5b are two different shapes of nuts. Finally, Figure 5c you will 3 different shapes and sizes of tablets (pills). You will be assigned to work with only ONE of these images.

2. You need to write one Matlab function that will accept the image to be analyzed and the criteria used for determining the objects such that the output of this function will give how many different objects there are in the image and how many for each of them. You may pass more than one criteria. For example you can create a function that accepts an image array and two criteria as follow:
    [numob, obcount] = function objcounter(x, crit1, crit2)
    % x will hold the image data
    % crit1 specify the first criteria e.g. object size
    % crit2 specify the 2nd criteria e.g. num pixels

3. You are not required to identify the shape of the object whether it is a circular or hollow or ellipse shape object. You can simply use generic terms like object or item. Thus, the output of your Matlab function when you send in Figure 5c would be:
    Object 1