Computer to computer syncing - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Computer to computer syncing

Garrett85Garrett85 Posts: 168Member
Does anyone know of a program that can sync two computers together? Specifically I need a program that will sync the [u]My Documents[/u] folders between a desktop and a notebook. This will allow be to have all the same media on two computers. I know I can transfer the date, but I would like a program that when it detects the other computer on the, or a, network, it adds, deletes, and edits all the files accordingly. If there is no such thing one of you programmers out there need to create such a thing. I hate having to remember what songs I have recently purchased from iTunes or which computer has the last and latest set of picture from my digital camera.

Comments

• ColacXColacX Posts: 141Member
    : Does anyone know of a program that can sync two computers together?
    : Specifically I need a program that will sync the [u]My Documents[/u]
    : folders between a desktop and a notebook. This will allow be to have
    : all the same media on two computers. I know I can transfer the date,
    : but I would like a program that when it detects the other computer
    : on the, or a, network, it adds, deletes, and edits all the files
    : accordingly. If there is no such thing one of you programmers out
    : there need to create such a thing. I hate having to remember what
    : songs I have recently purchased from iTunes or which computer has
    : the last and latest set of picture from my digital camera.
    :
    Seems smarter to do that manually or have you never ever used Itunes for IPod? It had a built in autoupdate feauture and entirely cleared my friends music library.