Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Insert Into is working when called from Visual basic 6

It was working alright. But suddenly when I format the sql statement taking the variables and concatenating them to from the Insert Into Statement the error is there "Syntax Error in Insert statement" But when i print the sql statement in the immediate window and then directly make a query of this statement it works fine. I wonder what the problem might be...

Naveed Ahmed

Comments

• BarkeeperBarkeeper Posts: 335Member
    : It was working alright. But suddenly when I format the sql
    : statement taking the variables and concatenating them to from the
    : Insert Into Statement the error is there "Syntax Error in Insert
    : statement" But when i print the sql statement in the immediate
    : window and then directly make a query of this statement it works
    : fine. I wonder what the problem might be...
    :
    : Naveed Ahmed
    :

Do you have any code-snippet showing the construction of the SQL-Statement? AFAIK the most problems with constructed SQL-Statements come from Strings- and Date-Variables.
    ------------------------------------------
    Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    the universe. A. Einstein