Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Cooperation tools - a bit of a challenge to Jonathan

Hello, how about extending PH's functionality with features like distributed software development tools?
I mean something like a (distributted??) project manager and compiler farm - much like that one on SourceForge.
This way PH could turn into a place to *stay and work* rather than a place ti *visit* - whatever regularly one visits PH.
================================================
((cons(car X)(cdr X))X)
holds(X,P):-P(X);holds(Y,P),IsA(X,Y).

Any (more) questions? SHOOT!

Comments

• nicolainicolai Posts: 9Member, Administrator admin
    : Hello, how about extending PH's functionality with features like
    : distributed software development tools?
    : I mean something like a (distributted??) project manager and
    : compiler farm - much like that one on SourceForge.
    : This way PH could turn into a place to *stay and work* rather than a
    : place ti *visit* - whatever regularly one visits PH.
    : ================================================
    : ((cons(car X)(cdr X))X)
    : holds(X,P):-P(X);holds(Y,P),IsA(X,Y).
    :
    : Any (more) questions? SHOOT!

Good idea,

Definitively something to look into, especially if we can find a good business modell to fund it, it would be very interesting, which I would believe is the hard part. We don't have the MUSD in VC to ploy into it as SourceForege have had (and I don't think they are making money yet).

Do you think people would pay a small amount to host their projects? Maybe a SourceForge for professional development work? Or perhaps it would generate enough traffic to be ad supported (ads are tuff in these times, but perhaps in the next upturn this might be a interesting proposition).

Regards,
    Nicolai