Trying to make my own slide function. Element questions. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Trying to make my own slide function. Element questions.

ColacXColacX Posts: 141Member
Hi there I wanted to make my own slide function and ran into some trouble.
I've got some ideas of how to make it simpler but not perfect.
The statements marked in diffrent colors below is where the problem is, I just don't know how to write them.

[code]function slideup(divid1) {
var element1 = document.getElementById(divid1);
var buffer1 = element1;

[color=Green]element1 = "";[/color] //The thought here is to turn element1 into a blank div without such things as "onClick="execute();"
element1.innerHTML = "
"; //The thought is to add the original element into the new blank div
var slide1 = document.getElementById("slide1");
[color=Red]slide1 = buffer1;[/color] //Thoght here is to turn this element into an exact copy of the old one including things such as "onClick="execute();"
//Also tried [color=Blue]element1.add(buffer1);[/color]

element1.style.overflow = "hidden";
element1.style.height ="100px";
element1.style.width ="100px";
slide1.style.width = "100px";
slide1.style.height = "100px";
slide1.style.marginTop = "-5px";
}[/code]

I can't find what document.xxxxxx.xxx.xxx has for other extensions. Is there full refrence page somewhere, I was thinking something like.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/swing/JApplet.html

Tried looking here but I can't find anything useful.
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript