Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

batch file programming

rocky811rocky811 Posts: 12Member
Hi ,
I actually wanted to know that if i am writing a path for copy command , its not working
Copy C:Program FilesProjectsInput1.IN 2.In

is it because of space between program and files ?? how should i write that in a batch file
and also i would like to know if i wanna run a .exe file writing a command in batch file how should i write that .

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi ,
    : I actually wanted to know that if i am writing a path for copy
    : command , its not working
    : Copy C:Program FilesProjectsInput1.IN 2.In
    :
    : is it because of space between program and files ?? how should i
    : write that in a batch file
    : and also i would like to know if i wanna run a .exe file writing a
    : command in batch file how should i write that .
    :
    :
    That's indeed due to the space in "program files". Whenever there's an "illegal" character in a pathname, use quotes to ensure that the path is seen as 1 part:
    [code]
    Copy "C:Program FilesProjectsInput1.IN" 2.In
    [/code]
    All batch files are simple text files. Any executable, which can append lines to a text file, can append lines to a batch file.