Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Code an Open Source Program.

AlonskiAlonski Posts: 12Member
I have tried and failed to get this program off the ground many times. I simply do not have the funds to pay a full fledged programmer to build this for me. I am asking for a programmer who has free time and doesn't mind working for free. The program should become pretty big and should be downloaded by thousands.

I have plans to include advertisement in the program itself as well as on the main website for the program. Also I have plans for an updated version which will cost money but that is a little far off.

I don't think this project is huge and shouldn't take too much time but I have about two years worth of small programming.

This will mainly rely on networking and macroing.

Again I don't think this is too hard to do and anyone looking to do something for fun and not mainly for profit can do this.

Thanks for reading and I hope you reply!

Comments

• bradwangbradwang Posts: 197Member
    I think most programmers are busy enough. I suggest you give out more details here of the project itself so programmers here may find it more interesting and would then be willing to do it for fun and for free. :)

Just some of my own words...

[color=Green][size=1][b]Brad Wang - .NET Freelancer from China
    MSN: brad_wang_cn@hotmail.com
  • CindexCindex Posts: 27Member
    : I think most programmers are busy enough. I suggest you give out
    : more details here of the project itself so programmers here may find
    : it more interesting and would then be willing to do it for fun and
    : for free. :)

Good point :) I'd like to know what it's about, then I could probably help you at least a little.

If it's a language I know, I'd be happy to help!

Before I even try to help, I am going to tell you I'm only 15. I'm not a pro programmer. I understand many programming languages and can write quite a few.

I also have a 'personal' webserver at the moment. It'll be good for starting, as long as we don't have too much bandwidth pulling. It's off a Windows 2K (Yes, it's old but it runs great) computer with Apache and PHP (can add more) and runs pretty smoothly.

My favorite languages would be Flash Actionscript and PHP, if they could help at all. I'm a beginner in many other languages and learn quickly, so I hope I can help.

E-mail or IM Slickeroo_9183@hotmail.com

Sounds fun. :)
  • usjr_benzusjr_benz Posts: 1Member
    can you help me on how to associate flash animation with actionscript..im developing a GIS using flash and actionscript..can you please send me some example???
  • CindexCindex Posts: 27Member
    : can you help me on how to associate flash animation with
    : actionscript..im developing a GIS using flash and actionscript..can
    : you please send me some example???
    :
    I wouldn't recommend that for beginning programming.. Start out with at least basic ActionScript and Flash Animation. You can't skip steps in there. It takes a lot of time and practice.

What are you making a GIS of?
    function Me() {
    str1 = "ActionScript"; str2 = "PHP";
    trace(str1.concat(str2)); }
    Output: Skills.