Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

UpdateRowSource.FirstReturnedRecord not working on .Net 2.0

dchoidchoi Posts: 1Member
I have a project that has been upgraded from .Net 1.1 to 2.0 and I cannot get the UpdateRowSource.FirstReturnedRecord of the InsertCommand to work correctly using the System.Data.OracleClient. It works correctly on 1.1 and the DataSet is updated correctly after a DataAdapter.Update, but although the insert happens to the database on 2.0, the DataSet is not updated.

My InsertCommand is a stored procedure that gets the next id (primary key) for the tables instance, inserts the new record with the id, and then gets the newly inserted row as an output.

The expected behaviour is the DataSet I passed into the Update method is returned with the record containing the new id.

Has anybody run into this problem and found a work-around?

Regards,
Albert