Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

.net application deployment error

jzhou819jzhou819 Posts: 18Member
Hi, I am new to asp.net. I have an application runs fine in my local machine, but after I publish it to the server, I got the run time error:
[code]Server Error in '/apps' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

[/code]

Can anybody help? TIA.

Comments

• bradwangbradwang Posts: 197Member
    You need to update your Web.config file's following section as below:

Which is just to set the customErros mode to "Off" so that you can see the actual reason why the website is not running correctly. (Most probably, you have wrong database connection strings or other related settings or missing some dlls etc).

Hope this helps and happy DOT NETTING. :)

: Hi, I am new to asp.net. I have an application runs fine in my local
    : machine, but after I publish it to the server, I got the run time
    : error:
    : [code]: Server Error in '/apps' Application.
    :
    : Runtime Error
    : Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
    :
    : Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]:
    :
    : Can anybody help? TIA.