Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Compression in .NET 2.0

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
Alright, I have discovered the GZipStream and DeflateStream classes in the System.IO.Compression library, but am clueless on how to use them. The MSDN has become pure crap since they changed it to list forum and blog results instead of library results, and I am exhausted after spending a good hour searching for info on the classes. Google isn't being very helpful either.

I need to specify a directory and have it, all files in it, and all subdirectories and files compressed or decompressed when the user clicks the appropriate button or menu option in my program. Every example I came across on the MSDN was simply how to compress a single file, which is useless. Google kept directing me to external libraries which I refuse to use for legal reasons. So how is it possible to use these internal classes to compress a directory?

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]