Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Mouse Out Event

VorenusVorenus Posts: 1Member
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to catch the fact that mouse is out of a control i got on a form. That is: I have some images on a form that i am using instead of buttons. The click event and mousemove events work fine. But i need to catch the fact that the mouse has left the control. Like an mouseout event. I have tried with just catching the mousemove event on the form, but if the images are to close and you move the mouse to fast its unstable. I am new to borland c++ so go easy on me :)

To sum up: I am trying to create a "webpage design" where i use images on a form with a rollover effect. No problems switching images using the mousemove event, however i am having trouble catching the fact that the mouse has left the control. I have also tried testing agains the width and height of the control againts the x and y of the mouse position, but with no luck. How do i go about this?

Vorenus

Comments

• stephdev1965stephdev1965 Posts: 6Member
    Hello

I have still the same need and am still looking for the solution...

Do you have found a key for this problem ?

May be you (we) can use the TApplicationEvent control to test simulate a MouSeOut event.

regards
    This post has been deleted.
    Hello again

I think i found an easy solution. I set up a little project to test it:

TForm1: a form called myForm1, main form on the application with a TApplicationEvent instance called ApplicationEvents1.

TForm2: a form called myForm2 with a picture called Image1,
    a TLabel called Label1, and others controls with or without focus capability.

myForm1 creates an instance of TForm2 called myForm2

myForm2Ok a global variable of the project

On myForm2->Image1, MouseDown event make myForm2->Label1 visible.

Here is some Code of Form2

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    void __fastcall TForm2::Image1MouseDown(TObject *Sender,
    TMouseButton Button, TShiftState Shift, int X, int Y)
    {
    Label1->Visible = true;
    }

void __fastcall TForm2::FormCreate(TObject *Sender)
    {
    myForm2Ok = true;
    Label1->Visible = false;
    }

void __fastcall TForm2::FormDestroy(TObject *Sender)
    {
    myForm2Ok = false;
    }

And there some Code of Form1

void __fastcall TForm1::ApplicationEvents1Message(tagMSG &Msg,
    bool &Handled)
    {

static unsigned int oldwparam;
    static long oldlparam;

Handled = false;

switch (Msg.message)
    {
    case WM_LBUTTONDOWN:
    if (myForm2Ok)
    {
    if ( ( oldwparam != Msg.wParam ) || ( oldlparam != Msg.lParam ))
    myForm2->Label1->Visible = false;
    break;
    }
    case WM_LBUTTONUP:

if (myForm2Ok)
    {
    break;
    }

default:

}
    oldwparam = Msg.wParam;
    oldlparam = Msg.lParam;

}

It works !
    When you click on myForm2->Image1, it shows myForm2->Label1
    When you click ANYWHERE ELSE in the application (any other control of the application, including other controls of myForm2) it hides myForm2->Label1

Notice, i did'nt modify the Handled flag, not to block local control event handling methods...

:0)

Hope it helps

Hi, all

the Msg (tagMSG) parameter has a hwnd property

you can find which control fired the event using

FindControl(Msg.hwnd) and casting it to access its properties (name, ...)

Hope it helps