Printing Macro - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Printing Macro

balcony213balcony213 Posts: 1Member
I work in Marketing for a small, but (trying to be) world-class community theatre. At present we print a lot of our posters, brochures, pamphlets and the like in-house. We use a Canon CLC-3200C1 Printer to do so.

What I want to do is develop a printing macro that will automatically record or copy every print job from my computer, regardless of the application I use (i.e. Microsoft, Corel, Adobe, etc.). I want it so I can submit the info to finance and accounting and I don't always remember to write down information for everything I print.

I asked the support staff st the company where we lease our printer from and he said unless everybody uses a print ID to access the printer (not an option) the Canon printer cannot print out a log file for just my computer.

Is there a way to develop a printing macro for my machine (and turn it into an .exe that I can put on other PC's) that will record information (i.e. file name, date, application from which it was printed, number of pages, etc,)no matter which application I use to print from?

All replies are welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Balcony213

Comments